Re: [DML] How many Deloreans?

Both Close, but no cigar.

The 1981 American Express Christmas Catalog offered DeLoreans, electroplated
with 24kt gold at $85,000 each. This was to be a limited edition of no more
than 100 cars. Two were actually built: VIN 4300 and VIN 4301. The first,
(VIN 4300) is on display at the The National Automobile Museum (Harrah
Automobile Foundation) in Reno, NV. The second (VIN 4301) is on display in a
locked glass showcase in the lobby of the Snyder National Bank, Snyder, TX.

There is at least one additional Gold Plated DeLorean - the last car
assembled. This car, VIN 20105, is a 1983 model. The source of the gold
plated panels is in question. Some state that the panels were plated at the
same time as the other two cars were built and were held in stock in case one
of the cars needed repair. Others state that they were gold plated just to
mark the last car produced.

more info at http://delorean-owners.org/events/museums.html

Hank Breer