Re: [DML] Ignition Compensating Resistors/Ballast Resistors

Re: [DML] Ignition Compensating Resistors/Ballast Resistors

The large white resistors mounted on the left firewall of the engine
compartment, next to the engine compartment light switch, get hot when the
engine is running.

Are these resistors supposed to be hot when the engine is running?

Just curious.

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

The white resistors in question get very hot in my DeLorean when the engine is running. I know because when I lean across the engine compartment I always seem to rest my hand on them! I understand that they convert the electrical energy into heat. My mechanic says they take the ~13 system volts and knock it down to about 7. I don't know how true this is but it would explain the heat they generate.

Matthew David
DMC VIN 5524