cooling problem

Hello list,

My problem is my fans don't come on anymore.
I have checked everything and still can't get my head round it.
I have tried 3 new otterstat switches and they do nothing,although
the stupid thing is if I jump the wires on the otterstat the fans
work right away,so the rest of the system must be working fine?
When the fans did work they came on just under 220 on the gauge.
Could the gauge be at fault?
The car has the jumper wires with the 2 fuses in the fan relay
sockets and all wiring is fine,also checked fuse no 5,fine.
If anyone can explain this mystery to me I would be ever so gratefull.

Many Thanks.

Paul UK.