Re: Fuel Injector Test

Without a fuel injector tester the only thing you can do is remove all
of the injectors, leave them connected to the fuel distributer, put
each in a container to catch the fuel, disconnect the ignition coil,
and try to start the motor. Observe each for a cone-shaped pattern and
compare the amount of fuel each injector puts out. This is a more
dangerous and less precise way of checking the injectors. If the
engine is not idling smoothly, ie: it seems to have a "bump" or dead
spot then you may have a bad or dirty injector. It would be best to
send out to a vendor so they can test and clean the injectors. The
injector tester can give you the precise operating pressures which
also affect idle quality, if they are not all close to each other you
can't tell that directly any other way.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757