Newbie Manual

I've always felt that one of the problems with so many
manuals, of any tiype, is that while they have reams
of good information, you ned to know what you are
looking for in order to find it. In other words, the
cataloging or indexing is often by 'solutions" rather
than by "symptoms"

I'd like to suggest that the manual have, for
instance, a section on "noises". It would address
questions such as "what is that hissing sound coming
from behind my dash", "what is that humming sound I
get on ocassion - it seems to come from the front of
the car, and usually only on hot days". or, "what is
that clunk I hear in the rear when I turn a sharp
corner". Thus identify the problem and then refer the
reader to the section with the more detailed set of
instructions on correction.

Dick Ryan