Heated Side Mirrors???

I was going through the large wiring diagram today, when I noticed
somthing strange jutting off of the rear-defog timer. They both were
numbered "232" which I checked to find listed as "mirror heaters".
Now I know the D does not have heated mirrors. So would this be
somthing they had planned, but never implemented? And if the wiring
is acually in place for them, has anyone had any luck "upgrading" the
mirrors on your cars? All comments welcome.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960