Re: [DML] Hello list

I totally agree with all that you say, my thought is that there should
be secondary phases also. What you need to know the first days and what
you need to know after that, etc. The first days, when you jump into
the middle of it, there are certain things you need to know right then.
When you get into your car specifics and what's most likely to be the
answer to a given problem, another set of answers should be in place,
like for poor hot starting go to the accumulator first. It should be a
consensus of opinion. Much could be written and in place for whoever
needed that particular help, problem with the list is, first of all, a
consensus of how something should be done, like removing a door panel,
should not have to keep coming up and then get lost in the archives.
The very best thing about the list is some brave soul relating how he
did something then "corrections" immediately forthcoming to complete the
picture. The most complete, most correct interpretation, could then be
put into place. The problem with the list is that it's very large with
lots of input and your information may not appear right away but you
have the problem right now and can't find the answer you need in the
archives. Over the 'phone helps if you want to question a vendor, I
don't do that, partly because I don't want to intrude and partly because
experience tells me It's unlikely I can get an answer that way anymore
than I can give one that way (ever call tech help anywhere on any
subject and see if you got a satisfactory answer? I quit trying that
too). Some with good answers don't offer them, because of the force
that will be brought to bear by those who don't agree, and there are
some very vocal versions of that. We need the experiences and answers
from every corner. There is that thing, I remarked about it a time or
two, when you put anything out there you become a target, some folks
would rather not take those shots, if you'd e-mail me privately I'd
appreciate it, that's if we can get this thing off the ground.

Case in point, how to remove the radio, I don't remember who gave out
the first (unfortunately incorrect) method of removing it but he was
taken to task today for so doing. The shop manual tells you how and
it's not very hard but it would be good to have that in place where you
didn't have to look it up.

Talk to me, I'm listening.

Les