RE: mode switch hissing etc.

> So you have 'kind of' gotten the radio out WITHOUT removing the console?
> Unless you have an aftermarket DIN radio, you must be a magician. The same
> bracket that holds the radio also holds the mode switch. In order to get
> the radio out, you need to get the bracket out. And before you get the
> bracket out, you need to remove the console.

One more time - PLEASE DO NOT OFFER ADVICE UNLESS YOU ARE POSITIVE IT IS
CORRECT. As anyone who has worked on these cars should know by now, you do
NOT have to remove the console to get the radio out, nor do you have to
remove the radio to get the mode switch out (as Mike correctly and more
tactfully pointed out). Walt, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but incorrect
advice just confuses other newbies, and once stated becomes part of the
archives that we are told to search for answers to all our problems. This
kind of advice, in my opinion, exceeds the "more than one way to do things"
category. Its way too complicated, unnecessary, and incorrect.

Moderators, if you feel I am out of line with this comment, feel free to
censor me. It won't be the first time, and you won't hurt my feelings.

***** Moderator's Note *****
This is an example of how the list eventually corrects itself whenever
repair advice is given. It's a good idea to wait a day or so before
starting a complicated procedure to see if it gets confirmed or
another, easier process is described.

Mike G. Moderator of the Week