need to adjust mixture levels?

Hello All,

still having troubles starting. my dad and i would like to get the car out
of the garage and into the driveway. i tried starting it today and my dad
said there is black smoke coming out of the pipes and my garage is starting
to reek of way too rich exhaust. we would like to adjust the mixture. it is
the allen screw at the base of the fuel distributer, correct?

which way is lean, and which way to rich? is it very sensitive? i do not
want to start adusting stuff without knowing how much i am doing it!

i would like to do this tomorrow morning. therefore, if you have info on
this, please email me privately so i do not need to wait for the list to get
sent out.

thanks!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx