Re: what would a bad fuel accumulator do?

Re: what would a bad fuel accumulator do?

Andy, In short: The accumulator keeps fuel pressure on the system
after the engine has been shut off to make it easier to start when
turned back on. Cold or Hot when restarting. Cold start
valve /thermal time switch aids in starting cold. Lambda unit along
with 02 sensor adjust the air/fuel mixture to help smooth out the
engine idle after a couple of minutes. The large swing could be the
02 sensor trying thru the Lambda to correct the mixture. Air vaccum
would affect the up and down if not correctly hood up or leaking.A
lot of these things work together to ensure a good start and economy
in running. The surging could also be the slow correcting of the Idle
speed motor /speed ECU unit. Like cleaning off your desk. Track down
the problem one at a time and fix it. Or like some do just get a leaf
blower.
John hervey
www.specialtauto.com