*sigh*... today is one of those days

Hey all,

the news just keeps getting worse it seems!
tonight, everywhere i turned, something new wasn't working right. and i'm
not just talking about my crappy running, either. totally unrelated stuff.

1. turn signals decided to begin working intermittently. sometimes they
work, sometimes they don't. it's not a question of one side not working,
it's both, all the way around the car, and the interior flashes and the
clicks. i suspect a bad wire. i was moving stuff around in the electrical
compartment while trying to diagnose and they magically worked again. i
don't know what i did, but i looked up and they were flashing. now they
don't work again!

2. driver's side door lights are intermittent. something to do with the
wiring that goes to the switches. i can figure that out myself

3. i went to go put air in my tires and i had my heater and fan on. i
turned the car off and took the keys out and guess what - the fan and AC kept
on going!!!!! what the @#$% ??!?!?! i put the key back in and took it out
again - still kept on going. i turned the AC mode switch to off, but the fan
was still going. so i switched the fan off and then everything turned off. i
have no clue where to start on this one.

4. burned out driver's side marker light. annoying, but easy to remedy.
also can't seem to get the 'door ajar' light to turn off tonight.

5. now here's the worst - i've noticed a sound coming from the left front
wheel now. it doesn't change or go away depending on brakes. it is a free
rolling problem. it kind of clicks, sounding like two big wooden marbles
clacking, only a little duller. it varies with the car's speed but not
engine speed (obviously). FYI, i don't have a speedo cap or angle drive wire
on the wheel because they are going to be replaced. i haven't even had time
to look into this one. too many problems are cropping up on me all of a
sudden...

as for my car not running right - i just paid $275 for pretty much nothing.
all they did was fix my fuel leak, put a new fuel filter on, and tell me - '
yup! your car sure is sweet but we can't get it to run right either! '. how
encouraging.

geez - the way that everything has jumped my back like this is actually
making me rethink if i am even able to own a car like this. anyone else ever
feel like that? i mean, i love this car and i would be incredibly
heartbroken and depressed to have to sell it ever, but this last week has
been enough disappointments to make me wonder if it's ever going to be what
it should be. only a week ago i had every electrical problem sorted out,
just a small checklist of parts to buy to make everything PERFECT, and now
all this. *sigh*. well at least i have the car show i'm going to be in.
fortunately judges only know about the looks of the car - not all the
mechanical and electrical flaws. i could really use the ego boost about now!

as always - the DML keeps me going.
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596