Fuel Sending unit

Does anyone know how to take apart this @#$% thing? I see a nut at
the bottom of the unit (under the filter screen) but it seems to be
frozen on. As I try turning it I can see something turning with it
inside the unit. I want to get in there to repair it as I can't dish
out the dough at this time for the Zilla unit. Any hints?? I know
that people will say that it may not last and may die in a year but
that's the whole plan. I just need it to last just enough time so I
can raise the cash for the Tankzilla.

Also: has anyone, with a manual tranny Delorean, had problems with
their transmission mounts? I'm talking about the ones that bolt
directly to the transmission. I have stress cracks on mine and it
appears to have been repaired before. It's not cracking where the
repair was made but in different areas. It looks like, on mine
anyway, that it's common?? Looks like I am going to have to try and
reinforce these mounts.

On another note, My restoration of 3365 is going smoothly so far, I
have the frame back under the body and have the rear suspension fully
assembled. The front is partially together and I have most of the
cooling system in. Hopefully by next weekend I will be installing my
engine/tranny and begin my adventure with the "rat nest" of wires and
hoses in the engine compartment.

Thanks,
Steve