Re: Removing Doors-NOT

You must remember,that when I first started working on restoring
Deloreans,back in 1982,There was nowhere to turn to for guidance,so I
had to figure out how to do the repairs/restoration myself,there were
no workshop books for the general public out yet,For example, I had
to learn on my own how to take the door panels /window regulators
out,What the best color for frame touch-up would be(Rustoluom Smoke
Grey),How to best remove the Black body off the frame ect,ect.then
when it came time to remove the doors,I discovered it WAS the safest
route to go to remove the doors(to only remove the four bolts holding
the doors on)and it worked just fine,and ever since then I have
installed/removed countless Delorean doors and have stuck with that
process to remove/install doors,BUT THIS PROCESS IS FOR PERSONS WHO
HAVE VERY GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORKINGS OF THE Delorean doors,if you
do not have such knowledge,HAVE someone that is skilled with
Deloreans do the job for you.

Claude
000570

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
> The only reason you should touch the bolts holding the doors to the
> hinges or the hinges to the body is if there was damage to a door.
The
> adjustments nessesary to PROPERLY reinstall the doors is way beyond
> most people's abilities. The doors are also heavy and it is very
easy