my latest fuel problem

Hello Guys,

after four days of investigations, i've gotten my car to the point where i
can start it and it will idle for about 10 seconds, then die.

here are the things i have checked:
1. fuel pump is good. needs baffle though
2. RPM relay functions
3. all vacuum hoses appear to be connected
4. if you hold down the air valve on the intake manifold, the car will run
indefinitely as long as you have the piece pushed down a few millimeters.
this indicates incorrect mixture levels since my vacuum hoses appear to be
correct.
5. i have all the brass fittings on the water pump near the banjo and dome
nut so that pressure is right there.

HOWEVER:
i have discovered that now that the car will run for a bit, i have gasoline
spilling out all over my underbody. i have observed two pipes which run
parallel near each other, then split off and go to different sides of the
engine near the transmission. where the pipes are close together is where
the gas seems to be leaking out. quite a bit of it comes out, too. it drips
quickly from both pipes an equal amount. i do not know if the pipes
themselves are leaking (i don't even know if they are fuel pipes) or if the
leak is coming from above the big pipes.

i had the car towed over to a local service center to find out if they can
get the car on a hoist and see what's happening down there.

anyone here have any ideas on what's happening? if you need more details, i
will try to give them!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596