Re: [DML] Antenna Maintenance

It is not a good idea to put oil on any object that friction can damage,
and is in an area prone to getting dirty. Dust, Grime, Road junk etc. can
all collect in the oil causing the antenna to jam, more that it would on
its own. This goes along the same principal of oiling any sort of
key/lock. This oil can cause the dirt to build up inside the lock,
damaging it. I have never pulled apart my DeLorean's power antenna, but I
imagine it is very similar to an 85' Toyota, which I have dismantled.
There was a plentiful supply of lubricant in side the main chamber, even
after 15 years. If the motor jams up, turn the radio back on and run a
clean towel down it, this will remove the grime, and restore it to
regular working order.