Antenna Maintainance

I know it seems as though I use WD-40 for everything except brushing my
teeth but it truly is a good product.

My first automatic antenna was on a '58 Lincoln Continental and it would
hang sometimes and not go up or not go down, I got into the habit of
spraying a little WD-40 on a paper towel and wiping it periodically. I
continued doing it through my Cadillac days and am now doing it on the
D.

Theoretically, the motor and plastic driving shaft are working against
friction, it therefore stands to reason that the less the friction the
easier the motor assembly works and the longer it will be happy doing
it's job. The reverse is also true.

The antenna is mounted in a truly ugly, confined, spot, along with the
charcoal canister, I suggest you stay out of there if at all possible.

Les