Re: [DML] upper roof seal replacement

One other thing to be very wary of is the torsion bar. You don't want to
nick it or damage it in any way with the drill bit when drilling out your old
rivets. A good precaution is to wrap the torsion bar with duct tape. This
will help to keep it safe in case you happen to touch it with the drill
slightly. As you said when drilling out the old rivets use extreme care and
patience so as to not damage the outside of your doors. Also when punching
out the rivets after they have been drilled out use the same caution. It is
tricky but patience and care here are the main things to observe. You can
get new seals and rivets for that matter from any of the DeLorean Vendors. I
bought my seals from PJ Grady and they came with rivets. Hope this helps.

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360