Re: Re.Re.fixing sender unit

James, Don't worry about trying to start a stir. It doesn't take much
when someone else can fix the units and some can't. All they can do
is criticize the efforts of others. And if they sell tank sending
units, then even more reasons to criticize. With good basic
electronic knowledge, you can take the unit apart as you did, see
where the moisture corrsion has eaten away the solder and a either re
wire or re attach the wires or wires. I have done two units and
nothing blew up. I even put them in my car and drove it around. I
reset the ohmage on the slide by repositioning the resistor wire that
is wound around the hollow tube, then re positioned it to the
stationary metal rod which after 20 years was still in tack. Good
workmanship. What I'm seeing is where moisture has gotton to the
solder and corroded the wire or joint. There was nothing I couldn't
fix in under an hour on either unit.I was sent given a bad unit that
had been sitting for years and I will be sending it back to him
repaired as good as new.
James the one other thing to do ????????. Email me for this Fix. Yes
the Fuel Sending unit Fix.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com