Re: [DML] Spring washers, anyone?

Les and list,

At work, we use several types of spring washers. Cylindrically curves
spring washers are simply washers that have been bent essentially around a
pipe and thus have a slight "C" shaped curve to them (emphasis on slight).
A wave spring washer is simply that - a "washer" in the shape of a series of
waves. In this case, there is not even one area on the spring that is flat.
Usually there are two humps and two valleys although, I have seen some with
three of each. There is another type that is essentially a flat washer that
has been pressed over a cone and therefore has a cone type shape. Generally
these types are for high loads. There are many different suppliers of these
springs. In most cases, if you find a place that has one of these springs,
they will have the others too. One general distributor that you should
easily find the part you are looking for is McMaster-Carr. They have a web
site and you should be able to locate a part number that will fit your
application. As far as which of the above types of spring washers you will
need for the wiper application, I cannot tell you. If you need any
additional information on suppliers or anything else, contact me privately.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345
tsuyoi@xxxx