What's reasonable MPG?

Thanks list, I think you've covered most of my questions (better than a
DeLorean Encyclopedia CD). The car seems to be running ok now, did my
first mpg test. I live out in the country about 20 miles from town, the
roads are mostly lightly traveled with a few stop signs before you reach
town. In town there are a fair number of stop signs, and, as a point of
pride, one traffic signal. I made three trips to town and back making
sure the gasoline level was the same filling and refilling and got a
tiny fraction over 26 mpg. I think that's terrific, I was hoping for
anything over 20. Is there any reason I shouldn't be pleased with
this? Your thoughts, please.

Les