RE: engine swap

> If you would like to compare, there
> is a nearly empty freeway in front of my house. By the time you get to a
> corner where you can compare "maximum lateral acceleration" I'll be in the
> next county.

I hope readers figured out this was a spoof. The "next county" is a mile
and a half away, with only a gentle curve in between. I don't race my car,
or even push it very hard (twisted-off trans input shaft aside...). But I
was very serious about the "FPD" ratio. All DeLoreans, and especially this
one, are hard to beat.

Ken, I wish I could make it to Memphis, but with a new job it would be
difficult, not to mention what my back would be like after that far in the
DeLorean. And my wife's is even worse.

I had a similar experience to the one with the Corvette driver. I came out
to the parking garage at work one day to find a guy I knew leaning up
against his new Acura looking at my newly purchased D (an earlier car),
which he didn't know was mine. As I approached he said "Who in the heck
working here can afford a car like that?" Imagine his surprise when I said
it was mine, and I had purchased it from a wrecking yard a few weeks earlier
as a theft recovery for $10,000, put in a new clutch and fixed the shift
linkage, and just cleaned it up. For a third the cost of his Acura....
Suppose my FPD ratio exceeded his a little?

--
Darryl Tinnerstet