Re: [DML] Fun-per-Dollar (FPD) Ratio

Good formula! :)

I would have to say Delorean's are the top car for
fun-per-dollar.

I don't like to gloat because I think that bragging is
wrong, especially to less fortuante people, but this
particular guy wasn't unfortunate in life at all, he
probably makes many times more than I do...

We were at a restaraunt, he had I'm assuming, a brand
new corvette (if not new, within a year old), and his
buddy had a Porsche, again, a year old or newer...

They had a few too many to drink (atleast thats what I
am hoping, if they act this way in real life, they
have problems), and they see me and my son getting out
of the Delorean. One of them yells over, "if you were
going to spend that kind of money on a sports car, you
should have gotten a real one!" and started
laughing...this was the guy in the corvette.

Ofcourse, being loud, he drew the attention of the
line standing outside of the Outback Steakhouse... it
wasn't one minute and I had approxmiately 15
spectators over my car... nobody even glanced at him
or his friend's "everyday sportsters".

I think it says quite a bit for a car when something
from 1981 can compete with any car on the market, and
out dazzle today's, and yesterdays, best of the best.

I think the only car in existance today that would
attract the attention of a Delorean is a
Lamborghini...

Anyhow, the next time you get an arrogant type of
person who thinks a car makes the person who drives
it, pull out your Delorean, and watch as they sink
into disbelief that your old "metal boat" (as he
called it), turns the head of every person within eye
distance, and even attracts a few driving by to go by
again for a second look.

I will never own another sports car after this
Delorean... and I'm in the market for another one
within the next few months... because in my opinion,
the FFD ratio of a Delorean can't be touched by
anything.

Mike