Re: Consecutive VINs

I'm not sure where the "no consecitive VIN" myth stems from, but there
is no truth to the assertion that few consecutive VINs were produced.
For some real information check out the VIN survey that DMCNews has
already done on the DMC production chronology at
http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm

The data collected thus far seems to indicate that few if any VINs
were skipped during production (with exception of skips between model
years as well as some skips incurred during some plant shutdowns,
etc). The survey data also casts doubt on the commonly reported figure
of 8583 vehicles produced (the stats estimate about 9200 cars
manufactured). I wonder where this original figure came from -- does
anyone have an original _DMC_ source for this commonly cited number?
I'm not interested in non-original sources for the number like
DeLorean World, or other publications that are merely re-reporting the
figure -- I want to know where the figure _originated_ from.

Knut