Engine Swap Thread

This is one of those recurring threads, that leads one to the "there
are two kinds of people" statements. There are those who enjoy re-
engineering/ improving/ over-restoring cars, and those who enjoy
maintaining and showing the cars as-originally designed. There are
also those who polish them and those who drive them (sometimes the
same person). You see this in almost any group of car enthusiasts,
the "purists" vs the "performance" people, and then with some you
even get the "gut the car and race it" types. They seldom understand
each other.

I guess the message here is not to try and convert anyones thinking,
and to appreciate each other for what we value.

An example of this is the radical custom DMC that shows up at the
Ohio shows; you may not like it, but you can appreciate the work that
went into it. Same for the V-8/turbo/etc engine conversions. We are
fortunate enought that there are enough DeLoreans in circulation, in
a wide enough variety of conditions, that doing such things is not
exactly as heinous as putting a Chevy engine in a 1962 Ferrari would
be.

Dave Swingle <<=== part-time automotive philosopher