Re: [DML] RE: 3.0 Eagle motors

Regarding bolting a Delorean intake/heads/K-jet system to an Eagle 3.0 short
block for an "easier" displacement increase for the D: This may be minor ,
but one thing I noticed while looking over the Eagle motor is that with the
distributor in the front of the head, not behind the intake, it appears the
distributor will conflict with the Delorean's original belt routing if the
alternator is kept in the original Delorean location. (On the Eagle the
alternator sits low on what would be the Delorean's driver's side, right
where the catalytic converter is.) With the serpentine belt system, I think
I have a way around this, keeping all of the accessories in the original
Delorean position. With a V belt, I'm not sure what you could do. I'll post
more on this and pics when I start converting the Eagle motor.

Steve
VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.angelfire.com/md2/projectdelorean