Re: Probs with fuel pump & RPM relay

There is no "priming" that the RPM relay does. The relay has a
delayed shutoff of about 2-3 seconds, but it does not "prime" for a
couple seconds first.

The relay is activated upon the first impulse it detects from the RPM
sense, and it shuts off 2-3 seconds after the last impulse it
detects. For the fuel pump relay (also known as the RPM relay) to
activate, it first needs an impulse from the RPM sense. Once
activated it will stay activated until 2-3 seconds after the last
impulse it receives.

Knut

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, at88mph@xxxx wrote:
> Knut and others,

<snip>
> ... I thought that when you turned the key to just the 'run'
> position, (before you turn the key to the start position to engage
the
> starter) that the fuel pump gets primed for about 2-3 seconds. Am
I wrong