Re: Probs with fuel pump & RPM relay

When the fuel pump is off, there are a series of check valves and the
accumulator that maintain fuel pressure within the system. When you
crank the engine, the distributor moves and the impulse coil inside
sends a signal out. This immediately trips the fuel pump realy to turn
the fuel pump on. Since pressure has been maintained within the fuel
lines, no priming is nessisary.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, at88mph@xxxx wrote:
> Knut and others,
>

> Thanks for the info, but maybe I'm mistaken in my thinking. I
understand
> that the white/slate is recieving pulses from the coil with the
engine
> running but, I thought that when you turned the key to just the
'run'
> position, (before you turn the key to the start position to engage
the
> starter) that the fuel pump gets primed for about 2-3 seconds. Am
I wrong