adding Hp

I am currently looking for a "cheap" way to add power. The most obvious route
to me would be to add turbos or a supercharger, but I have several questions
concerning these. Firstly, the cheapest way (maybe not in the end, but to
start with) would be pulling a supercharger off of some wrecked buick but
this brings up many questions. Can I just make the fittings to force air in
the induction manifold? Will it just bolt on with minor mods, like an extra
alternator? THen comes the turbo, with all this talk about the DMC engine
upgrades, is anyone willing to part with their used Turbo, or turboed engine?