Re: Delco Battery?

The requirements for a replacement battery are not particularly
exclusive and there's not a lot of magic to it. As long as the
battery is a sealed maintenance free type (a non-sealed type can emit
gasses and is the most common reason why the battery tie-down strap
is gone in many cars) and it has the proper side posts to connect to,
it will generally work fine.

battery, which might have benefits for the intermittent use our cars
often see. If your question is with regard to which battery is the
proper concourse-recognized replacement, the best thing is to check
directly with the concours organizer (James has put together an
outstanding concours sponsored by DMC). The concours handbook
indicates that the accepted battery for competition is the Delco
Freedom Maintenance Free. No specific battery model is indicated, and
I suspect a Delco of the proper type with the proper side terminals
is fine. WHen I judged interiors a couple years ago, I only checked
for Delco Maintenance Free with proper connections and fit in the
compartment with tie-down strap correctly fitted.

Personally, I just use a good quality (72 month) maintenance free
battery with suitable side terminals that has a high CCA (cold-
cranking amps) rating for my daily driver. I have gone through a
couple batteries and have yet to find a side terminal battery that
has not fit in the battery compartment (it hasn't even occurred to me
when picking an arbitrary side-terminal battery that there was any
issue with fit).

Knut