Re: [DML] WD-40 the other side

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Les Huckins wrote:

> anecdote, I hope it's permissible, I have a friend who's a cop, he
> used WD-40 to oil his police special, decided to do the bullets

I'd like to mention that WD-40 isn't really an oil. It's a decent
penetrant, but after it's been out of the can for a while, the light
components evaporate, and it turns into a sort of sticky goo. This is why
if you oil a squeaky door or something with WD-40 after a while it will be
back worse than before.

The only thing I ever use WD-40 for any more is unsticking stuck stuff,
and even then, I prefer Liquid Wrench.