Re: Nose bra question (Colgan Custom brand)

Re: Nose bra question (Colgan Custom brand)

In a message dated 2/4/01 8:51:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< Anyway, it came with no instructions or storage case, but it has clear
plastic windows that can attach over the headlights with velcro. I'm
wondering if this was a custom modification done by the previous owner or if
it was made like this originally. I'm suspicious that it was done custom.
Can anyone tell me either way? >>

Hi Walt-

These were out of production for years. Last year I was able to get together
a sufficient order to induce Colgan to reissue a limited batch. They all
sold. I'm not aware of any other source of new DeLorean custom made nose
bras at present.
The storage bag is an option. The clear windows are original equipment. They
give some lateral stability to the window hole, but you can use the nose bra
with or without them. It's a really nice heavy duty, well made item, isn't
it? The owners who bought them loved them.
I put a pic of mine in the vault: <A
HREF="http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/nosebra.JPG";>
http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/nosebra</A><A
HREF="http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/nosebra.JPG";>.JPG</A> The
original nose bra comes with a warranty and installation info. I put togther
an additional instalIation guide with photos to make it even easier. You can
install it in minutes. Send me your address privately and I'll send you a
copy. It's nice to have whether you keep the nose bra or sell it.
I've been thinking it's time to see about reissuing another batch. I need 15
orders to make the minimum. I haven't rechecked price and availability with
Colgan. If anyone has an interest at present, please contact me at:
deloreanernst(at)aol.com. I know several people contacted me last time after
we sold out. Maybe we can put together an order... have them in time for the
beginning of the show season. Nice to have on your car when you hit the
hiways for shows. You should have seen the bugs and junk on mine when I
drove from here to Richmond, Va. for the big British Car Show last fall. (Ten
hours round trip.)

-Wayne A, Ernst
The New DeLorean Manuals Project