Idle Speed

For a comple description of how the idle speed circuit is physicly
connected, check the archives for a write up I did a little while
back. The idle speed of the engine is regulated entirely by the idle
speed ECU. Circuit wise, from what I've read about the main chips
on the board, I think (don't hold me to this yet, I havent yet
studied
the board THAT close) the way that the circuit works is this: Faster
the idle, higer the electrical input to the ECU. When ever the signal
(idle) is too high or low, the unit increaes/decreases air flow
accordingly to correct itself (which in turn modifies the strength of
the signal). Idle speed (input tolerances). are preset and determind
by the types of chips that are installed.

I'm a little fuzzy as to what exactly your syptoms are, and which
screw(s) you are refering to in your post. The 3 idle adjustment
screws on the intake manifold are not used in the DeLorean
application. On the throttle lever assembly there are 2 screws there
that act as a stop, and a switch trip.

When diagnosing a problem with the idle speed circuit, check the
following things in this order (remember, this is NOT a detailed
list, only a brief one):

1. Verify the screw on the throttle assembly is making proper contact
w/the idle speed microswitch.

2. Check that all wires in the connectors for the the idle speed
motor
and the ECU are seated properly.

3. Verify that you are recieving the power/ground to all the proper
wires in the circuit (a detailed, yet simple process).

Check these items and take things from there. Located in the vault is
a copy of the wiring diagram and it's respective legend. A workshop
manual from your friendly parts vender is ALWAYS a priceless
investment as well.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Re idle, the postings say this might be wrong and that might be
wrong
> and check all of it. Hasn't anyone worked out a system and
sequence?
<SNIP>