Electrical connections

I've been reading the back issues and find a lot of opinions on how best
to maintain proper electrical conductivity so I'll add mine. First, my
qualifications, 25 years a TV tech , 15 years a Computer tech, and a 20
year love affair (just ended) with Corvairs...you remember, the 6
cylinder, rear engine, aluminum block and heads. Ok, whatever the
question, the answer is WD-40. In the early days of TV we had trouble
with oxidization in tuner contacts, one of the early remedies for the
drum tuners (standard coil) was the eraser, (mentioned by someone that I
read), that worked but not for long, oxidized again very quickly...then
came a series of miracle sprays and liquids that helped a little,
finally settled on WD-40 which is still in use today. I still do audio
work and all switches and controls get a shot of WD-40 if not absolutely
positive. In computers, when any card quits, before I trash it I rub a
little WD-40 on the contacts...amazing number of quick fixes that way.
In Corvairs, there were all sorts of hot spots and one #10 wire in
particularly that got hot and burned up it's mating point. WD-40 if
applied before it was totally fried, saved it. I owned some 2 dozen
Corvairs and religiously pulled every connector apart and gave it a shot
of WD-40 doing basic restoration. We're talking low current, high
current, you name it, WD-40 is your answer. (Yeah, I know it's
flammable and if you draw an arc around it you can start a fire, it also
works great starting some balky gasoline engines on mowers and edgers,
sometimes better than Quick-start). I'd like to make this longer but I
just got here and don't want to take advantage.

Les 10059