Binnicle recover

I have had my binnicle "fixed" twice by a company that does dash referbaration, referboration, refebirition,.........fills the cracks and recolours........and the cracks came back. $100.00 out the window, nothing back only an apology! I'd like to hear from someone who has had theirs upholstered, how it fit, what colour / make of vinyl they used, mine is grey, any problem disconnecting and then reconnecting all the stuff.
Marvin Stein
tel: 519 - 434 - 1666
fax: 519 - 434 - 7071
email: marv@xxxx