Houston Open House/Backlit Gauges Update

Houston Open House/Backlit Gauges Update

Does anyone here have any "official" info on the Houston open house this
June? I would like to start planning my trip, but I need to know if
there are any "official" accommodations I should look into or just go
ahead and get my own economy room. Plus it would be nice to just see a
schedule of events thats going on. I would like to officially "debut"
my backlit gauge conversion at this event.

On another note, yes, I AM working on the backlit gauge modification.
>From the first few weeks I posted about it, I got quite a few replies
from people interested. Right now, I have about 20 interested parties.
>From those who remember my original posts about it, I will need at least
20 confirmed orders if I'm going to go through with this. By the end of
February, I will have a completed prototype. At this time, I will post
complete pictures of it, along with a general description of what
exactly is going to be done to the instrument cluster. For those
interested in the conversion, I will need a $100 deposit for each order
at that time so my loss is minimal if some people back out at the last
second. More information about pricing and ordering will be posted in
late February, or you can email me if you wish to know the details now.
Once the production parts I need start coming in, I will do the final
conversion on my dash. Then if all goes well, it will be ready for the
Houston open house. There, I would like to officially debut the
conversion. After I get back from that trip, I will start accepting
remaining payments for those who only paid the $100 deposit. I will
then start doing each conversion ONE binnacle at a time, so I can better
manage my resources. I will be in constant contact with everyone who
orders one, updating them on their payment, when to send their binnacle,
and when it is finished. Each one should take 1-2 weeks with shipping.
During this time, each binnacle will be temporarily installed on my car
for testing. Once everything is good, I will send it back to the owner,
and tell the next person on the list to send in their binnacle. Again,
further information regarding the procedure of getting the conversion
can be obtained by emailing me directly.

For anyone that this is all new for, information regarding the backlit
dash conversion can be found at my original message at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/13047

Anybody who would like to reach me in private, can contact me at
ultra'at'isd.net, or my AOL Instant messenger screen name which is
DMC6960.

I'll see you all in Houston!
--
Jim Reeve