Thanks for the idas [DML] Re: RE:Engine Problems

Thanks for the idas [DML] Re: RE:Engine Problems

Well I got a chance to work on my car this weekend. I pulled the fuel pump
from the tank again and hooked it up to a inline filter off of one of my
Ghias and ran it from a 5gal tank by passing everything and going directly
in to the fuel distributor, then put the return line in an empty 5gal tank.

When that did not work I pulled the plug from the FV and checked that for
voltage, it was only getting 4v and if my conversion is correct from the
dwell meter about 1% use. I pulled the relay and found that the PO had
modified the wiring to bypass the relay... It turns out that he wired it to
be always on, that explains why he said that battery would be dead if the
car sat for more that 2 weeks. So it looks like I need a new lambda control
box, or some time to trace out the old one and fix it. Has anyone
attempted this before? It looks like a relay easy fix as long as all two if
the IC's are ok.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

Andrei Cular

By Land or By Sea
1990 Nissan 240sx 1988 Kawasaki 650sx StandUp
1988 Nissan 300z 1978 Luhrs 25' Express Deck
1981 DeLorean 2767 1978 Mako 22' CC
2x 1974 VW Karmann Ghia coups
1972 Supper Beelte
1969 VW Beetle