Re: Auto Trans Problems

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> And for you guys out there with manual transmissions and your
stainless
> steel braided clutch lines -- stop gloating! Why are you reading
this
> anyway? It doesn't apply to you! :)
>
> Walt Tampa, FL

Trust me, I am not gloating at all. With all the repairs that I've
gone thru/am going thru with my clutch, I envy you in a way at this
point! :p

OEM clutch kit:
$389.74

Pilot Bearing:
$30.93

Centerforce Clutch Kit:
$385.00

OEM Clutch Master Cylinder:
$138.10

OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder:
$103.75

SS Braided Clutch Line:
$119.00

Rear Crankshaft Lip Seal:
$15.65

Parts total: $1,182.17
(and this price still doesn't include labor!)

P.J. Grady's online price for a rebuilt automatic:
$2,495.00 installed to the differential.

After calculating labor, both transmission types can end up costing
you the same!

I've come to one conclusion: When buying a DeLorean, choose either a
manual or automatic transmission because you're more comfortable with
one. Don't make your decision based upon repair costs. Either route,
both can cost you the same amount!

-Robert