Re: [DML] Fear and Loathing on the LML (was: Reality check... (long, but

Re: [DML] Fear and Loathing on the LML (was: Reality check... (long, but info...

Ya know, it comes down to a comment I posted to the list a few weeks back.

The DeLorean is a DeLorean...it is unlike any other car. It is NOT an Audi
TT, it is NOT even a Lotus Esprit. The DeLorean was never intended (up until
the twin turbo development) to be a *high performance sports car such as a
Porsche, etc. It was supposed to be a "Mercedes for America" taking after the
classic SL300. It was concieved as a safety vehicle. On page 58 of Stainless
Steel Illusion, you can clearly see a DeLorean prototype with a "DSV" emblem
on the front of the grille, representing "DeLorean Safety Vehicle." And now
the DeLorean is a representation of what could have been, a dream that only
became reality for a short time. So to hear people piss and moan about the
DeLorean lately has really started to but a thorne in my toe. Thats like
complaining about how poorly the 1948 Tucker handles as compared to the
latest Mercedes S 500. Its a 48 Tucker...just as its an 81 DeLorean.

In the end you either love the DeLorean and will respect it, or you will
simply make an ass out of yourself. If you dont love the DeLorean with all
your heart then maybe this is not the mailing list for you.

My 2 cents

Justin
5172