Auto Trans Problems

Hi,

My name is Matthew Walker - this is my first post to the DML -- but I
have
read most of the back issues and I had subscribed before in the past
( I had
to unsubscribe for various reasons )

I am the proud driver (not owner) of VIN 1219 early 81 D, Auto
Trans. A
very nice example of the marque save for trans.

I have a problem currently with it in that it won't shift from 1st to
2nd
unless I hit 5k RPM or slightly higher and then let off the gas a bit.
shifting from 2nd to third may do the same thing but I haven't pushed
it to
that. if the car is driven for a bit it will then shift normally (
or very
close to it ) on a few occasions I have had it shift almost normal (
going
from 1st to 2nd at about 35 MPH).

For further info sake - this car is very low mileage - only about 8300
miles. Trans problem cropped up about a year ago - then the car was
garaged
once again - I have only recently been able to take it back out to
try to
work on it.

I had intended to take off the Trans Computer today but the weather
was not
favorable here, and I haven't cleaned out my garage yet to make the
space
for the car to work on it in there.

Any suggestions or helpful hint would be most appreciated. Also if
anyone
is in the Dallas area let me know.

Thanks

Matthew L. Walker -