Public Reaction

Hi Everyone.

Yesterday I took my '81 for its first drive out for a few months and had what has been the funniest (although potentially dangerous) reaction to date.

I needed to fill up eith fuel and so went to the local Tesco Supermarket which has its own petrol station. As i pulled up at a pump and got out I noticed that at the pump opposite was a young girl of perhaps 18/19 years old who was just filling up her Mini Cooper.
While I was filling the D, I couldn't help but get admiring stares from everyone at the fuel station, including this young girl. I then noticed that she was so overcome by either me or my car (I think the car) that she hadn't realised that her fuel tank was full and she was now just pumping petrol all over the garage forecourt and it took her a few seconds to realise what she was doing. As i said potentially very dangerous. Fortunately a station attendant noticed and covered up the spill with sand.

The girl was rather embarrassed and with the price of fuel in the Uk at the moment I bet I cost her a few pounds in spilt fuel.

Nigel

Vin 02677
License plate DOC 16V