Re: Engine Problems

I believe that there is nothing wrong with your fuel regulater except
that the one you replaced is way out of adjustment. At the Virginia
Meet Jack Singer had replaced his fuel regulater and couldn't get the
motor to run for sh-t. Everybody speculated as to the cause but when
Rob Grady tweaked the mixture screw it ran just fine! Put the
origional regulater back on and fix the lambda system. Don't run the
engine on the cold start valve, the excess gasoline could flood the
motor and cause a fire. The cold start system is not meant to run
continuously and cannot be adjusted. The fuel regulater is meant to
actually run slightly lean, the final adjustment of the frequency
valve is meant to richen the mixture so without the lambda
functioning
the engine is running too lean. If you think about it that is what
you
are correcting by forcing the cold start valve to run continuously to
correct the absence of the lambda system. At this time I cannot tell
if the fuel accumulater is good or not, it comes into action when you
restart hot.
David Teitelbaum