Re: [DML] Engine Problems

In a message dated 1/25/01 10:58:36 AM Central Standard Time,
scott.a.mueller@xxxx writes:

<< When you opened the fuel distributor, did you remove the piston? If you
did, you may have put the piston back in upside down. >>

I've re-built about a half dozen of the Delorean fuel distributors over the
past few years and altho it is possible to install the piston upside down (it
will fit) the car wouldn't run at all because the slot which aligns with the
ports and allows the fuel to pass thru would be completely out of place and
not allow any fuel flow thru the distributor. If the car will start and idle,
it's not an upside down piston.

Marty