Is EVERYTHING copyrighted? (was: Battery Straps)

Is EVERYTHING copyrighted? (was: Battery Straps)

Hi all,

I don't understand this 'copyright' stuff. Is DOA crazy or something? This
picture is no intelectual property so why is it copyrighted? Did they invent
it? I suppose I should pay them if I route the battery strap according to
this picture. And since they use DeLorean in the name of their organization
then maybe I should pay them everytime I say 'DeLorean'? Or maybe I should
ask them for pemission to drive my D with the delorean written on rear
bumper? Pay them everytime someone reads it perhaps.... What else is
copyrighted???? Maybe I shouldn't quote emails in my replys? It's someone
elses text, they invented it so it may be copyrighted.

Anyone from the DOA want to tell me what's up with the 'copyright' stuff? I
think that someone is becoming paranoid with copyrighting everything.
My email: tomcio'at'jamesik.com

OH, and with all the talk I have seen about copyrighted pictures - my
pictures of a DeLorean are not copyrighted - use it freely. If you have
something that is copyrighted (i.e. pictures) then maybe you should hide it
somewhere so I will not see it, because I will use it if I want to. I will
give you credit for taking the picture but I will not ask if I can use it.

Take care everyone and hide your pictures!
Tom Niemczewski
vin 6298
tomcio@xxxx