Re: DMC engine upgrades

Group / James. In the engine upgrades I have been watching and
listening the discussions back and fourth and I recently started
emailing/talking to a man in the U.K. where the emissions is less
stringent. Where I live they don't check emissions. With a few
modifications he told me about and done by professionals, headers,
bored out injectors, re adjust the air flow mixture, no cat., no
lambda/sensor, and free flowing exhaust they are getting out he said
about 167 hp +/-. My question/statement is??? ( if ) the
catalitc/emissions system can't be messed with in the U.S.
then DMC Houston engine is wonderful at 200+/- HP. that's about
$71.00 per hp. and the cost is nominal for the upgrade and I assume
warranted engine. Adding another 30 H.P. costing $167.00 per hp. is
even better but you are reaching deminishing return and still be
street legal. My old days with the Cherry Bomb muffler's on vet's and
headers are gone. U.K. also pointed out, that a blue printed engine,
modified cam, unsupercharged engine in a replicated car was doing
260HP. street legal in the U.K. how would you like to drive that. Can
the DMC Houston upgrade be put in my turbo De Lorean, which has
already had the pistons modified and no telling what else.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com