Re: Trunk-Latch (was "rare" automatic D)

Robert wrote:

> Perhaps the spring inside of the latch itslef is worn?
>
> -Robert
> vin 6585
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxx> wrote:
> > This probably helps popping the trunk; I think I'll do something
> > similar since mine won't pop either.
> > I've allready checked alignment of the lock and the striker-pin,
> > they seem all right to me. The hook fully disengages the striker,

I've thought of that too; in front of the latch-hook there's a
spring loaded horizontal bar that gets pushed down by the striker-pin.
If you ask me its' only purpose is to pop the lid, nothing else.
At first it looked like this "popper-bar" wasn't hit by the striker,
but I put soem grease on both striker and latch and it all engages
in the right way. The striker does look very worn; it probably hasn't
seen any grease for a long while.

When I take a screwdriver and push down on the "popper-bar" it takes
a considerable amount of force, so I gues the spring is OK?

If anyone has some other tips; they're more than welcome!
Now opening the trunk can only be done with one hand on the
release-handle and one on the lid to get it up...

Thanks again,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000