Re: cross-drilled brake rotor update

Walter I think you just have just given the list members several good
reasons to deal with the major Delorean venders when buying parts.
With all of the problems you had it is the best advertisment for
sticking with a favorite Delorean vender. The small gain you might
achieve is offset by the agravation you are putting yourself through.
If cross-drilled rotors improved the brakes that much all of the
Delorean venders would carry them. On the subject of your brake fluid
I would change it right away. You are correct that you must be
prepared to rebuild the entire system as all of the seals could fail
but the alternative is that the system further deteriorates and since
the fluid is contaminated it could boil under heavy braking causing a
loss of brakes. Flush the system completly with Castrol GTLMA dot 4.
Using anything else is not compatible with the British seal
compounds.(It will probably leak anyhow). You don't know what kind of
fluid is in there or how old it is. The owner's manual calls for
flushing the brake fluid every 2 years! With the Castrol you could
probably double that to 4. On improving the brake system besides
converting to dot 4 the other thing some people have done is changing
the brake hoses to braided stainless steel. I think the Pacific club
has a member who sells a set.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757