Re: cross-drilled brake rotor update

I had DMC in Irvine turn and cross drill my rotors when I had in the
ar in for a shimmy in the brakes. The cost to resurface the rotors
and cross drill them was more than the cost of a new set of rotors!

The simmy is for the most part gone but the car is noisy when you
apply the brakes. I think that if I had it to do over again I would
have simply bought a new set of rotors and not bothered with the
cross drilling procedure.

I cannot atest to the stopping difference, if any. The cost and noise
in concert with the fact that this is about the only change that I
have made to a perfectly stock car with 10,000 miles makes me think
that I made a bad decision.

Scot
6452