Re: [DML] ss frame and metal detectors

Hi, I hope this will close this thread once and for all!!

Here in Florida we have metal detectors on every intersection! They sense
that a car is waiting for a green light and change the lights. BUT I
intentionally said METAL detectors. Who had the idea that those are iron
detectors? That makes no sense at all. Kevin Creason said that he had a
problem triggering the detector on a motorcycle. That is not because there
is low content of iron in a bike, that because the bike is so small compared
to a car. Look at the detector loop installed at an intersection, it's
rectangular. If you stop your bike right in the middle it will not 'see'
you, but if you stop over the embeded wire it will detect even a bicycle!
Those are metal detectors and metal detectors detect all kinds of metals no
only iron. (METAL detectors - not iron detectors) So, as long as the frame
is made of metal OR as long as your suspension is made of metal OR as long
as you have metal engine OR you have metal body panels you will have no
problem triggering the detector - ANY metal, that is (well maybe not
mercury, I don't think it will work to make car parts out of it). ;o)
If you don't belive me, just go to a store and buy a metal detector, it's
the same thing as the one used to trigger the lights... just the loop is
smaller. Now, try and see if it will detect iron only or if it detects all
metals. Have fun.

Take care everybody
Tom Niemczewski
vin 6298