Re: [DML] re:ss frame

Does anyone have engineering drawings handy for the OEM frame? I'm also
interested in acquiring a rusted out or otherwise unusable frame to make a
pattern from. I'm in central Florida, so shipping would probably be the
biggest obstacle.

I'm interested in making a new Delorean frame out of aluminum. I think it
would be a lot better/stronger than stainless and be lighter too. I'm
planning on taking more adult night classes at my old vocational/technical
high school. They have all the equipment there to make the frame. All I
need is more knowledge and to bring the materials. I'll need to get my old
engineering textbooks out to figure out all the stresses... fun fun... Does
anyone have any thoughts on how difficult the attachment points would be to
reinforce when using aluminum?

But first I'm going to finish the new anti-sway bar project. I've been
working with a manufacture who is in the business of making aftermarket
suspension parts, so I feel confident that reliability & liability won't be
a problem. They said to send the drawings when I'm ready. Cool!

Trevor,
I'm in disagreement with the idea that a totally stainless steel or aluminum
or copper car would have trouble triggering magnetic sensors. Iron is the
easiest to sense, but any metal in it's metallic form will do a decent job
at triggering a magnetic sensor. This includes just about everything on the
left side of the Periodic Table of Elements. A plastic wheelbarrow full of
salt wouldn't trip the sensor, but if you chemically separated the salt into
a cube of metallic sodium and a bottle of chlorine gas, then you would have
no trouble tripping a typical sensor. Just don't get it wet or it will
explode!

Food for thought,
Walt Tampa, FL