Re: [DML] re:ss frame

In a message dated 1/17/01 4:12:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
comet4055@xxxx writes:

<< SS however has no magnetic
properties, (minimal at best) >>

I can vouch for this statement to be true. Last year I was going to have my
De Lorean towed to a shop that specialized in fixing electrical systems in
cars, and when the De Lorean was on the tow truck, the driver tried to use
those lights that get attached to the cars he is towing with the magnetic
side of it, and I told him that it wasn't going to work, but he said that he
has never seen a car its never worked on. So, after he tries to stick one of
the lights on the hood of my car and it doesn't stick to it, he said that
this was the finest stainless steel he has ever seen. He ended up not towing
my car, because after he lifted up the rear end of my car on the tow truck,
the front end was really too close to the ground and he said..."I can't
afford towing you car because of the risk I would take if I mess up the front
end, besides I don't have $100,000 lying around to pay you back." Now, I
don't know where that rumor originated that our cars are worth $100,000, but
I like it!

Later,
Nick
1852